In today’s #QuickQuiz feature, we take-five with Natalia Langsdale, the owner and managing director of forward-thinking marketing and PR company Bright Creativity. As a multi-lingual, multi-talented young professional in yachting, Natalia is a fantastic role model to other budding entrepreneurs and a wonderful example of how to make it on your own in luxury marketing and PR.
Keep reading to find out about her career highlights, preferred dinner party guests, and cheese-of-choice…
1. FIRST, PLEASE DESCRIBE TO US WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW.
In a plush office chair in my sunny office (Bright Creativity HQ), located in the paradise of the Côte d’Azur, namely Villefranche sur Mer.
2. WHAT WAS YOUR DREAM JOB GROWING UP, AND WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
I believe it was at the tender age of 6 or 7 years old that I dreamed of reaching for the stars and becoming an air stewardess. Even when I was young, I already spoke three languages, and I believe that my uncanny determination and ambition (as is the characteristic of a true Capricorn), mean that although I might not be an air stewardess today, I did aim high to join the high-flying society! I have worked for private aviation companies in London and Monaco and I now manage high-end projects (primarily within the aviation and yachting industry), so I can say that I haven’t veered too much off the whole “flying theme” mark.
3. TELL US WHAT THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR CAREER HAS BEEN.
My career highlight has got to be the day I realised that I was born to be my own boss and created my very own forward-thinking marketing & PR company, Bright Creativity. After years of doing things by the book and following others’ direction, I finally matured to realise that I needed to take the plunge and learn to spread my wings by myself. This is years after being a runner up in the ‘Best Young Marketer’ category of the prestigious Luxuria Awards along with an accolade of personal and professional successes along the way.
4. WOULD YOU RATHER OWN A YACHT OR PREFER TO CHARTER IT?
I would rather charter to better be able to see the wonders of the seven seas on board a variety of superyachts, minus limitations. I have yet to see the ultimate super yacht in my definition of the term so until that day comes, I will envisage chartering as is tradition in my family.
5. IMAGINE YOU’RE NOW OUT CRUISING ON YOUR YACHT- ARE YOU PARTYING ON THE SUNDECK UNTIL DAYBREAK; SEEKING RELAXATION IN THE SUPERYACHT SPA; OR EXPLORING HIDDEN COVES WITH YOUR CAMERA AT THE READY?
Definitely exploring hidden coves with my GoPro at the ready! My husband and I are avid travellers and my favourite hashtag is #lifethroughalens, so I think it speaks for itself. Life is made to explore and within that remit comes relaxation and partying in second and third place respectively.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOU LOOK UP TO MOST IN THE SUPERYACHT INDUSTRY?
I have my favourites but telling would be giving it all away! Being part of the board of Young Professionals in Yachting Monaco, I really see the young generation of yachties as truly inspirational and ones I look up to. They are the future and are the ones who will steer the industry in a new and exciting direction, like we are trying to do at Bright Creativity.
7. NAME YOUR TOP 3 DINNER PARTY GUESTS, DEAD OR ALIVE, CELEBRITIES OR FRIENDS, AND TELL US WHY.
1. Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland, Sweden (RIP) : I have a very fond memory of our encounter when I was a child singing at Christmas as a pupil at British Primary School Stockholm. She took a shining to me and came up to me, patted me on the head and commented that I was a strong character (like herself a redhead) and would have a beautiful and successful future. I would like to have a chance to thank her for her words as an adult, and to tell her that those words stuck with me and have always secretly been my motivation to keep trying harder and pushing farther. She was an elegant lady with an air of positivity and calm charisma that would show some people today what ethics were all about and would be the perfect dinner party guest.
2. My mother, Anna Langsdale (RIP) : She was the heart and soul of any party and to this day her friends and myself cannot compare anyone who can bring a party alive as she could. Those who knew her in Monaco can vouch for that!
3. Lapo Elkann : A fellow creative entrepreneur and one not shy of being controversial. It would be amazing to see how a dinner party would fare in his presence. I have witnessed his witty sense of humour and completely random comments at a yachting conference, so can only imagine what would happen over dinner!
8. EVERYBODY LOVES A BOAT SHOW: MONACO, ANTIGUA, BARCELONA OR FLIBS- WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BEST?
Monaco Yacht Show for me is the only one I have had the opportunity to attend all these years, but that’s all bound to change and I can envisage Antigua as being a good one.
9. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS TIME?
Happily reminiscing on the past ten years as a successful entrepreneur whose path was marked with a bunch of coincidences that were all worth it.
10. LAST ONE, MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHEESE?
That’s a cheesy question! Definitely mascarpone gorgonzola.