It’s National Cocktail Day – and in celebration of this boozy day, we asked a handful of Superyacht Stews to share their most-loved cocktail recipes with you. From mocktails to martinis, these mixology masters will inspire you to pick up a shaker and treat yourself, or your guests to the best cocktail (or mocktail) that they’ve ever had.
5 must try Superyacht Cocktail recipes in celebration of International cocktail day:
1. The Cardamom Rose Cocktail – Created by Lara Edwards
Lara Edward, a.k.a lala_yachtieinteriors unveils the recipe behind this elegant, classy cocktail:
“It’s ideal to serve at a cocktail party or as a pre-dinner drink! The mix of fresh flavours and gentle aromas in the cocktail make it the perfect pairing for Indian cuisine.”- Superyacht stewardess, Lara Edward
The Cardamom Rose Cocktail Recipe:
- 2 oz Hendricks Gin
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lemon syrup
- 1/2 oz rose simple syrup (1oz if you like sweeter drinks)
- 2 or 3 dashes Peychauds Bitters
- 2 or 3 cardamom pods (muddled and strained)
Note – For that special finishing touch, try adding a garnish of dried rose leaf or dehydrated grapefruit!
2. The Orange Passion Margarita Mocktail – Created by Nicole Rouse
“I’ve made it in the past as a welcome drink, it goes down a blast and is super refreshing. With children on board, I’ve made mine non-alcoholic, but you can easily add tequila or vodka (tried and tested after working hours) and it’s just as wonderful.” – Superyacht Stewardess, Nicole Rouse
The Orange Passion Margarita Mocktail Recipe:
- Fresh mango,
- Orange juice
- Cranberry juice
- Passion fruit purée
- 1 or 2 shots of alcohol (vodka/tequila)
- Blended with a few ice cubes
Note – Blend with ice cubes and decorate with a garnish of dehydrated blood orange for a wonderful contrast of colours.
3. M/Y Ocean Clubs signature cocktail, The Raspberry Rose Gin Fizz – Created by Rochelle Van Rooyen
The Raspberry Rose Gin Fizz Recipe:
- 2 oz Hendricks gin
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz rose water
- again, 1/2 oz raspberry syrup
- 1 egg white
- Top up with rose lemonade.
- Top with crushed rose petals.
4. The Cucumber Martini – Created by Ciara Faber
Ciara Faber, also recognised as Ciarathekiwi shares her go-to martini recipe that never fails to impress her Superyacht guests…
“It’s one of those crowd pleasers that’s super easy to make, looks great and is really delish!” – Chief Stew turning land-based, Ciara Faber
The Cucumber Martini Cocktail Recipe:
- 4 slices cucumber
- 60ml Vodka
- 30ml Lemon juice
- 20ml Elderflower liqueur
Note – Muddle the cucumber in the shaker to release all the cucumber flavour, then add the remaining ingredients, with the ice. Once that’s done, shake it vigorously and strain it into a chilled martini glass. Lastly, garnish with cucumber and rosemary, then you’re all good to go!
5. The “Illusion Fusion” Cocktail – Created by Shannon McAlister
” You’re guaranteed a whole load of giggles with this one…” – Superyacht stewardess, Shannon Mcalister
The Illusion Fusion Cocktail Recipe:
- 1 and a half oz Vodka or Tequila
- 2 oz passion fruit purée
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- quarter oz simple syrup
- egg white