Following on from our first article, ‘The Best and Worst Times to Find Yacht Crew Jobs (Fort Lauderdale); With the med season fast approaching, this month we’re focusing on the best and worst times to find yacht crew jobs in Antibes, France!
If you didn’t get the chance to read our first blog post in this series, we talked about the ports that are your “best” options. That’s not to say that there aren’t other places in the world where you could find a job in yachting, but these particular locations we feature are the hiring hotspots of the superyacht industry and will offer excellent access to quality job opportunities for yacht crew entering the industry.
If you are currently hunting for your first role in the industry or just looking for a new position, follow this series for information on when you should head over to those yachtie hot spots.
The best and worst times for finding Yacht Crew Jobs In Antibes, France:
The worst times to apply: January, February, November, and December
The Caribbean season is in full force during this period, therefore we would advise an entry-level seeker to avoid applying for a job at this time.
Good times to apply: March, April, and October
When we say good, we mean there is a decent chance. However, you may find yourself either a bit too early, or too late, for prime hiring season. In Antibes, March marks the end of the Caribbean season, April is the beginning of the Med season, and October is the closing month just before yachts head across the Atlantic.
Great times to apply: May and September
We recommend if you’re in the area during this time to consider completing your training courses. It may also be worth gaining some experience to prepare for the following month.
The ideal time to apply: June, July, and August
With marinas packed and yachts aplenty, this is the ideal time to be in Antibes and hunting for a yacht crew position. This time of year is when you stand the best chance of getting your dream job.
Where to stay if you are trying to find yacht crew jobs in Antibes:
If you’re looking to walk the docks this year and are heading over to Antibes, staying in a crew house is your best option. It provides you with the opportunity to network with other crew and the houses themselves have plenty of advice and tips on how to secure your first yacht crew job. Keep a close eye on the notice boards as they are often advertising jobs in crew houses and Internet cafes. We have provided a list of some of the most popular crew houses and accommodations in Antibes:
- The Crew Grapevine Crew House – Crew Grapevine provides quality shoreside accommodation for Superyacht crew. They operate out of 3 private crew houses in the heart of Old Antibes, just beside Port Vauban.
- Debbie’s Crew House – Situated in a Provencal style villa in a gated, secure courtyard on the outskirts of Antibes. Debbie’s Crew House has three independent self-contained studios within our courtyard and garden. Because of its location on the outskirts of Antibes, Debbie’s is also popular with more senior crew looking for a base either between jobs or doing yacht courses making it a fantastic place to network.
- The Glamorgan – The Glamorgan provides a bourgeois style comfortable home, and has established itself as the Crew House of Choice for professional crew.
3 STCW Courses available in Antibes:
- Stcw Direct – Crew Courses
- Zephyr – Crew Courses
- SeaScope Maritime Training – Crew Courses
In the meantime, to keep up with the latest available industry jobs in 2022, click here and register with us now.