Monaco Yacht Show is now only a month away! Upon the return of the most prestigious yachting event of the year, we have rounded up all the must-know details, starting from the 300 exhibitors to the 60 Superyachts from the most prestigious shipyards in the world.
2021’s List of Speakers and Topics:
A new panel of experts and speakers will discuss the ins and outs of yacht building, design, management, charter, and purchase. Listed below, you’ll see the variety of professionals who are on the 2021 speakers list:
Discussing business will be:
- Jonathan Beckett, CEO, Burgess (broker)
- Michael Breman, Sales Director, Lürssen (shipyard)
- Rose Damen, Managing Director, Damen/Amels (shipyard)
- Aino-Leena Grapin, CEO, Winch Design (yacht design)
- Tim Schommer, Partner/Lawyer, Clyde & Co (expert lawyers in yachting)
- Derek Munro, owners’ representative, Divergent Yachting (yacht management)
- Daniele Moltedo, Custom Head of Manufacturing & Warranty Department Manager, Benetti (shipyard)
- One representative of Oceanco (shipyard) – to be confirmed
The Launch of MYS Innovation and Design Hub
Visitors can prepare to receive an enhanced experience through interacting with professional designers about the innovative solutions in yachting. Individuals will be presented with Superyacht designs by creative talents, all from a blank canvas! This new element aims to capture the attention of future customers who plan on building a Superyacht.
Brand new to the event will be the Sailing Yacht Area, held at Quai l’Hirondelle. All yachts will be moored up, representing their shipyards, designers, manufacturers and specialist equipment. The new exhibits will be on display alongside the previous years, adding to the atmosphere, from Tenders and toys to exhibitions dedicated to luxury products, luxury cars, Nautical equipment, and more.
There will be plenty of new Superyachts on display this year. Amongst the mighty collection of Superyachts attending Monaco on the 22nd of September, 37 are new 2021 deliveries unveiled by their builders in Monaco; Including 4 yachts being over 70m in length! Some of the most renowned Superyachts in the world will be making an appearance this year, from Viva and Tatiana to Kismet and many more!
MYS has developed its format to cater to a more client-orientated audience. They have introduced a new badge system to enhance a tailored-made experience and improve the flow of visitors on the quaysides. The aim is to make it easier for new and existing owners to board yachts and luxury tenders. The badges allocated will be a ‘Discover’ badge for buyers and charterers whilst advisers and consultants will receive an ‘Advice’ badge and trade visitors a “Connect badge”.
The MYS official VIP program will provide a ‘Sapphire Experience badge” reserved for visitors interested in chartering or purchasing a yacht. The Sapphire Experience features a program of activities in Monaco for Superyacht owners, charterers, and future clients.
MYS COVID procedures
Monaco yacht show official states that an anti-Covid sanitary protocol will be respected throughout the entire show and procedures will start from the first day of preparations to the dismantling of the last stand. Here we have listed the COVID procedures that will be in place:
- Guests will need to present a valid health pass at the show entrances.
- Enhanced deep cleaning will take place before, during, and after each day’s event.
- Personal hygiene: Hand sanitizing stations throughout the event space.
- Protective equipment: Wear a face mask on show entry will be compulsory (surgical or FFP2).
- On-line registration: Compulsory online registration for visitors except for holders of printed invitations.
- Physical contact: Predilection of digital alternatives to the exchange of printed materials during the show.
- Physical distancing: Controlled density of participants in line with local authority regulation.
- Food and beverage: Pre-packaged food options and disposable pre-packaged utensils on stands and in the show. To date: Seated Cocktails and (seated) dinners only.
- First aid Monaco health authority guidance on detecting and managing anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19.
To view the collection of Superyachts|Monaco Yacht Show 2021, visit – http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeeKuOUSgY
For more information on the Monaco yacht show, visit- MYS 2021