Monaco Yacht Summit – An event by Monaco Yacht Show
On September 27, 2022, 14 experts will be on hand to share their expertise with Monaco Yacht Summit participants. During the evening of the Monaco Yacht Show, taking place at the Yacht Club de Monaco, a large panel of yachting experts will be discussing all things yachting, from purchasing, chartering, building to refits, and new destinations.
1. THE EXPERTS’ INSIGHTS
There will be a panel of well-respected experts from the Superyacht industry sharing their perspectives on industry trends (new technology, design, yachts that can perform several different functions, new destinations that bring families together), as well as their thoughts on the future of the industry.
• Paris Baloumis, Group Marketing Director, Oceanco
• Charlie Birkett, Co-Founder & CEO, Y.CO
• Aino-Leena Grapin, CEO, Winch Design
• Ferruccio Rossi, President of Superyacht, General Manager of SanLorenzo
Experienced charter brokers, charter managers and yachties will be speaking about how to deliver a successful yacht charter; From the yacht itself and the team involved to where to go, what to see and things to do.
• Julie Bicon, Head of Charter Management, Hill Robinson
• Jamie Edmiston, CEO, Edmiston
• Jacob Ewing, Captain of M/Y Broadwater (56m, Feadship)
• Geordie Mackay-Lewis, Co-Founder & CEO, Pelorus
Buying an existing yacht or undertaking a new construction project involves taking practical steps that involve consulting a shipyard, a naval architect/designer, a project manager and a legal expert. At the 2022 Monaco Yacht Summit, they will be looking at the practical steps involved in commissioning and building a new construction project from the client’s perspective.
• Michael Breman, Sales Director, Lürssen
• Andrew Charlier, Co-Head & Partner, HFW
• Espen Oeino, Naval architect, Espen Oeino International
READ MORE: An Interview With Njord by Bergman Design House – M/Y Galaxy Refit
4. FROM PRE PURCHASE, THROUGH RE-DESIGN TO DELIVERY – Behind the scenes: the refit of M/Y Galaxy
The project team, including the designers and shipyard, will highlight the full process of the pre-purchase survey of an existing vessel. This will cover the re-design of the interior and full refit from initial inspiration to completion. In addition to, how with good planning, a refit can be achieved in a relatively short timeframe.
• Nicolas Genelot, General Manager, Monaco Marine
• Marie Soliman, Founder & Creative Director, Bergman Design House
• Sara Vezensek, Owners rep