Top places to visit in the French Riviera during the Cannes Yachting Festival
There are plenty of wonderful places to go visit during the Cannes Yachting Festival, whether you’re looking to relax or, to let off some steam. The French Riviera has the perfect balance of tranquil delights to dancing in the glazing sun.
The French Riviera has a large stretch of beach clubs to enjoy a glass of champagne while dancing at sunset witnessing the beautiful views of the city of Cannes.
Cannes has many sophisticated and party beach clubs along its curving coastline of white sand. There are some exclusive, upmarket beach clubs which is very popular during the Cannes Yacht Festival. Hotel Martinez is one of the more affluent beach clubs with an alluring vibe that is best experienced unwinding with a cocktail on its vast beach area and enjoying the DJ beats at sunset. Another hot party beach club is Le Baoli, which has the reputation of being the best place to party.
Some more beach clubs in the French Riviera:
- Anjuna Beach – Lively atmosphere, meet electric people, this is the place to be if you are looking for party vibes
- La Paloma Beach – The sunbeds are on the water with the beautiful view of Cap d’ Ail and Eze. This is a more relaxed atmosphere and is great for celebrating special events
- Le Club 55 – Exclusive beach club that has tasty food and stunning views. Ideal for sophisticated people
Cannes is the place to be for shopaholics. It has upmarket shops, such as Chanel, Dior, Yves St Laurent, Gucci, and many more luxury brands. These affluent shops can be found on La Croisette, the infamous shopping districts in Cannes. You can enjoy a scenic walk along the promenade, and you may even be tempted to stop and enjoy a cocktail in the sunshine.
If you’re looking for more unique, fashion boutiques and high street stores, these can be found between delicatessens and chocolatiers on the nearby Rue d’ Antibes. To get a more authentic shopping experience in Cannes, you can shop alongside the locals in the daily market in Marché Forville where you will find fresh vegetables, local delicacies, fresh seafood, and many more delicious foods.
READ MORE – Cannes Yachting Festival 2022 – What’s new?
Dining in Cannes
Cannes is renowned for its luxury events; however, the city’s dining experience is up-and-coming with delicious sea food cuisine accompanied by picture perfect views and attentive service. Cannes is home to luxury dinning as well as unique culinary adventures.
Here’s a list of restaurants near the Cannes yacht festival:
- L’auberge Provencale – The oldest restaurant in Cannes – trademarked with traditional French cuisine
- L’Affable – Delicious and affordable with friendly and welcoming service
- L’Oasis, Mandelieu La Napoule
- Da Laurwa Cannes – Serving the best Italian food since 1992
- La Cave – French intimate Bistro with fresh, local produce.
Wander through Le Suquet
Le Suquet is the birthplace of Cannes, known for its picturesque beauty. It lies just above the Old Port and is full of authenticity and charm, with its 400 year-old cobblestone winding narrow streets. It is full of delicious cafes, restaurants, and shops. On top of the hill, you will find a beautiful church and a castle, and a magnificent view of Cannes.
For the latest Superyacht news, click here